The home of the Suzuki GTs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Needed: Nylon gear and kickstarter driven gear

2 posters

Go down

Needed: Nylon gear and kickstarter driven gear Empty Needed: Nylon gear and kickstarter driven gear

Post  Escape to Wisconsin Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:49 pm

I have a parts bike that I really wanted to get going after I got the other one going.

Does anyone know of an extra nylon gear behind the ignition plate or an extra gear that is to the right of the kickstarter? My nylon gear has a crack and the other gear has two teeth missing.

Thanks.
Escape to Wisconsin
Escape to Wisconsin
Crankcase Injector
Crankcase Injector

Back to top Go down

Needed: Nylon gear and kickstarter driven gear Empty Re: Needed: Nylon gear and kickstarter driven gear

Post  Macca Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:20 pm

G'Day

Spent a lot of time with exactly the same problem - try these guys - I know they are on the bottom of the earth but they have the parts and their postage is pretty cheap www.japmcdismantlers.co.nz. Be careful with your timing when refitting the "plastic" bit - the plastic gear is the points shaft drive which drives off the end of the crank. If it aint in the right spot in relation to your piston position on the stoke the engine dont go - no matter how much you swear at it. Do you know how to set your timing up again.

Cheers Macca
Macca
Macca
Crankcase Injector
Crankcase Injector

Back to top Go down