The home of the Suzuki GTs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about a GT380

3 posters

Go down

Questions about a GT380 Empty Questions about a GT380

Post  Johnny5 Thu May 22, 2008 9:31 am

Hi,

First post and it's probably going to be a doosey. Anyway, about a year ago, I found an old GT380 parked and sitting forever in front of someones garage. Didnt look like they were using it, so i mailed them asking if they'd be willing to sell it. I got a call back and the guy said it has no title and would sell it for $250. From the road, the bike looks like it's in great shape and all original. The owner said it was running the previous year. Long story short, I never jumped on the deal because of financial issues at the time. Now, Im looking to snag that bike and begin to restore it. The owner has it parked outside behind the garage uncovered, in the weeds, and it's killing me to see such a cool bike wasting away.

So Im wondering how it would be possible to get this bike titled. Im wondering if the current owner is even the original owner. Im going to send him another letter to see if he'll sell it. Heck, I'd hate to part the bike out, but I could make a little bit of money if I got the bike for $250.

And if I do get the bike, any tips on getting the engine started from sitting almost two years?

Thanks a lot!

Johnny5

Back to top Go down

Questions about a GT380 Empty Re: Questions about a GT380

Post  Clivey Andrews Thu May 22, 2008 12:50 pm

Hmmm, I don't know how you get a Title (registration we'd call it)...

If it's like England, then you need some evidence relating the Chassis number to the model, not hard - a good owners club may be valid....

If it has a reg plate in England it's even easier!

As for turning it over - I'd try some 2T down the barrels and give it a soak - poss even liquid paraffin? Change the oil for certain, and clean the carbs through - the petrol is bound to have gone stale...

The rest ain't too hard. Charge the battery, new plugs etc....

I wish you the best!

afro
Clivey Andrews
Clivey Andrews
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyle H. Thu May 22, 2008 11:12 pm

I'm not sure on the specifics, but make sure if you do buy the bike to get a bill of sale from the person who owns it. If he knows who owned it previously try to cantact that person and see if you can track down the person who "lost" the title. Also if the owner has a bill of sale from when he purchased the bike see if you can make a copy of it. other than that, just call your local dmv and ask about it. different states have different ways of getting A title, but no matter what, it will be a bit of a hastle, and maybe a bit of a wait before you can secure a title for yourself.

Good Luck,
Kyle H.
Kyle H.
Kyle H.
Ram Air Champion
Ram Air Champion

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny5 Tue May 27, 2008 11:02 am

Thanks,

Where is the vin number on the GT380's? Im wondering if it's on the frame, I can simply find an old salvaged bike and swap the parts out.

Johnny5

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyle H. Tue May 27, 2008 11:37 am

Vin should be located just right and behind the Headlamp on the frame. Or just in front of the gas tank on the right side.
Kyle H.
Kyle H.
Ram Air Champion
Ram Air Champion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down