The home of the Suzuki GTs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My 380 is gonna see the road again after a ten year lay off

4 posters

Go down

My 380 is gonna see the road again after a ten year lay off Empty My 380 is gonna see the road again after a ten year lay off

Post  Rit Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:41 am

All done and ready for its MOT next Wednesday morning Very Happy

I'll post a pic up in the pics section over the weekend. I took it a sneaky ride around the block yesterday and she runs quite nice and pulls well. However at around 5k the clutch starts slipping. Before I get into it too heavy has anyone had problems with Castrol GTX? I have bought some supermarket oil today and I'm going to try that on advice I have read. Seems its fine if you change the oil regular as its prolly 10 times better than any oil ever was 30 years ago Smile

Other than that if the plates measure up OK would it be worth just replacing the springs (cheaper option) or should I go for a full kit? I do have a few mm play in the cable so I'm assuming I have adjusted that part right.

Hey, by the way. my GT380 and XJ600 insurance 1 year with breakdown cover from Footman James 68 quid Very Happy
Rit
Rit
Two-Stroke Terror
Two-Stroke Terror

http://www.ritzbitz.co.uk

Back to top Go down

My 380 is gonna see the road again after a ten year lay off Empty Re: My 380 is gonna see the road again after a ten year lay off

Post  Clivey Andrews Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:32 am

My clutch slips a bit when it's been standing....

Not sure about the GTX - it might have some effect - I would drop it and replace with proper 2 stroke motorcycle gearbox oil - I think I used Halfrauds brand last time.....

Good to get another on on the road!

sunny
Clivey Andrews
Clivey Andrews
Admin

Back to top Go down

My 380 is gonna see the road again after a ten year lay off Empty Re: My 380 is gonna see the road again after a ten year lay off

Post  buffalo Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:22 pm

I used to run GTX in all my bikes for many years, but most of todays automotive oils have friction modifiers for better mpg's in cars. This stuff is a problem for many bikes with wet clutches. For an extra couple bucks I would buy motorcycles specific oil like Clivey says.

buffalo
Crankcase Injector
Crankcase Injector

Back to top Go down

My 380 is gonna see the road again after a ten year lay off Empty Gear / clutch lubrication

Post  T140v Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:21 pm

I've put Duckhams 20/50 in my 380 and have not had any problems with slip, regards Stuart.
T140v
T140v

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum