The home of the Suzuki GTs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kawa pipes??

2 posters

Go down

kawa pipes?? Empty kawa pipes??

Post  thedeuce Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:43 pm

I am constantly seeing expansion chambers for the kawasaki tripples on e bay (sometimes they go for pretty cheap) but never for the gt 550. is there any way the kawa ones can be fit on a suzuki? scratch
thedeuce
thedeuce

Back to top Go down

kawa pipes?? Empty Re: kawa pipes??

Post  Clivey Andrews Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:26 am

Hmmm, it's a thought - it's all about resonance etc, I gues you plan to fit your own flanges?

My guess would be a best match between GT380 and KH400 pipes - IIRC it's all capacity related...?

There were some look up tables to calculate it all. Anyone know the size of the Kawa exhaust ports?

If I get chance to dust all the crap off the old girl, I'll take some of the dimensions....
Clivey Andrews
Clivey Andrews
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thedeuce Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:28 pm

I am not sure if this plan is out of my league or not, I know there is many factors to consider, with the echo effect of back pressure I assume the distance between the ports and chambers must be correct for the whole concept to work ect.. ect.. ect..
maybe if I find some for really cheap I will experiment this winter (only one way to learn) or maybe just bite the bullet and buy a new set. just thought I would check if there was any pipes that were fairly easily modified to fit or not.
Thanx heaps!!
thedeuce
thedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  thedeuce Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:48 pm

for example there's pipes for the h1 500 for $40 us right now, but there is also 3 days til the auction closes.
thedeuce
thedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down