The home of the Suzuki GTs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REMOVING A STATOR

2 posters

Go down

REMOVING A STATOR Empty REMOVING A STATOR

Post  oldguygt550 Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:51 pm

QUESTION, I CAN PULL MY STATOR OFF THE ROTOR, BUT HOW THE HECK DOES ONE PULL THE WIRING HARNESS PART OF IT THRU THE ENGINE CASING?
oldguygt550
oldguygt550
Crankcase Injector
Crankcase Injector

Back to top Go down

REMOVING A STATOR Empty Pulling Wiring thru the case

Post  oldguygt550 Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:18 am

Okay I took a chance on assuming that pulling the clutch cover wouldn't end up with me having oil all over the floor and gave it a go. No oil leaked out..sweet! The pictures on the exploding parts and the manual I have doesnt really show this well. study
First picture is the clutch cover off. I tried for three minutes to get the cable off the where it attaches to the clutch lever actuator hitting. before I noticed the small bent tab holding it on..Duh! confused Now I can see how the wire is routed, honestly its has to be the most Rube Goldberg type routing I've seen yet. Shocked Makes ya wonder why they didn't just run the wire right outside the casing to the back of the bike. Ok..pull all that nasty oil chain covered wire out making mental notes on all the little nooks and crany it was stuffed into. (see second picture) Install the replacement stator and start routing the wiring back thru. It took me four tries to get it right cheers Fire it up and check the voltage..success!
Steve
[img]REMOVING A STATOR Clutch20[/img]
REMOVING A STATOR Clutch25
oldguygt550
oldguygt550
Crankcase Injector
Crankcase Injector

Back to top Go down

REMOVING A STATOR Empty Re: REMOVING A STATOR

Post  Clivey Andrews Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:56 pm

Cool - nice pics, cheers!

Laughing