The home of the Suzuki GTs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help new project???

3 posters

Go down

Help new project??? Empty Help new project???

Post  steakmince Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:41 am

Hi, Just acquired this suzuki gt 380, can anybody help me identify which model this is.?
Hoping to bring it back to its former glory, only has 14000 miles on clock and owner seemed to think it was genuine, can anybody give me information on finding parts?
Will post pictures as project continues, hoping to start once weather gets worse. ie winter.
chassis no is gt380101327 and origional colour was silver.
i know the front wheel is on the wrong way round and after seeing that, it worries me what else i might find.
.Help new project??? S5004116Help new project??? S5004117Help new project??? S5004118

steakmince

Back to top Go down

Help new project??? Empty Not sure, but I'll guess

Post  Escape to Wisconsin Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:45 pm

You mean what year?

The carbs are all in one piece, so its not a 1972 because those carbs are all seperate. My 1974 carbs are clustered such as the ones you have. Also the rear light is shaped like the 1974's light I had.

There should be a piece of metal riveted to the frame near the fork that tells the year of the bike.

I have a 1972 for parts and a 1974 for the one that will someday run. I have found that for most mechanical parts, the parts are interchangeable. In fact, I haven't run into a mechanical part that wasn't interchangeable.

I just type in GT380 into ebay atleast 3 - 4 times a week and see whats for sale. There's quite a lot out there and most of it is cheap. I also type that into Google and see what happens. Everyone once and a while you'll come by something. Craigslist too.

I decided I'm going to make my own gaskets for the motorcycle instead of putting down 45 dollars for these gaskets that I see on Ebay made in Taiwan. But I think everythings out there, especially if you look.

Good luck
Escape to Wisconsin
Escape to Wisconsin
Crankcase Injector
Crankcase Injector

Back to top Go down

Help new project??? Empty Re: Help new project???

Post  Clivey Andrews Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:42 am

It looks like a "B" - last in the run, you can tell by the square tailight (not dogbone) and the ram air cover....

It should have the later type of indicators - like the GS's had too (see my 550"B")

The gaiters are wrong too - shouldn't be on the latemodels - but then mine has them to cover the pitting in the forks...
Clivey Andrews
Clivey Andrews
Admin

Back to top Go down

Help new project??? Empty Thanks for the info.

Post  steakmince Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:24 pm

Thanks for the info, will keep you informed about progress.

steakmince

Back to top Go down

Help new project??? Empty Re: Help new project???

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum