The home of the Suzuki GTs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CCI pump setting - big smoker!!

3 posters

Go down

CCI pump setting - big smoker!! Empty CCI pump setting - big smoker!!

Post  roverman Wed May 07, 2008 5:14 pm

Just got my GT550M back on the road after a crank rebuild. First 100 miles I had the CCI pump cable set to deliver slightly too much oil and it smoked like mad. Now returned to correct setting (line on pump lever aligned when RH carb dot at top of window) - still smokes like mad after another 100 miles! Engine runs great and starts easily but just smokes and smokes and eats CCI oil. Friends of the Earth have a contract out on me! I didn't have this bike for long before the rebuild and I have wondered whether the oil pump lever is set 180 degrees out of phase on the shaft whereby it is delivering full flow with throttle closed - however if I rotate the shaft half a turn and re-fit the lever it starts to snag and won't return to 'closed'- this feels wrong. How can I check which is the correct way round for the lever to be installed on the pump shaft as there are no markings to indicate which way it should go?. Any advice gladly received.

Rory Mc.

roverman
Crankcase Injector
Crankcase Injector

Back to top Go down

CCI pump setting - big smoker!! Empty Re: CCI pump setting - big smoker!!

Post  Clivey Andrews Thu May 08, 2008 5:16 am

Hmmm, that certainly doesn't sound right - warmed up (and using synthetic 2T) I barely get any smoke....

I'll have a poke around!
Clivey Andrews
Clivey Andrews
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  roverman Thu May 08, 2008 11:28 pm

Thanks Clivey, I'd be glad of your experience here. I am using synthetic but the pump is getting through oil at a rate equivalent to about 200 miles per litre which seems excessive, the smoke is horrendous. Because i don't know the history of this bike, could it have the wrong pump i.e. from a GT750 and it's delivering too much oil? I am new to GTs but have owned many RD Yamaha's where oil pumps can be interchanged between models but have different delivery rates. How can I tell if I have the right pump?

roverman
Crankcase Injector
Crankcase Injector

Back to top Go down

CCI pump setting - big smoker!! Empty big smoker

Post  doghouse75 Fri May 09, 2008 9:39 am

Roverman, if the info i just sent you cant help, have a look at this page, this should help you alot. http://home.planet.nl/~cydonian/gt550/gt-pmp.htm
Derek Very Happy
doghouse75
doghouse75
Crankcase Injector
Crankcase Injector

Back to top Go down

Post  roverman Fri May 09, 2008 5:00 pm

Thanks Derek, this should help me solve the problem!

roverman
Crankcase Injector
Crankcase Injector

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum