The home of the Suzuki GTs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My new Baby

3 posters

Go down

My new Baby Empty My new Baby

Post  B16RDE Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:12 am

Hi to all, here my first post.
I have just purchased my 550, I live in Hedge End, so hope the catch up with anyone who lives locally.
When running, the left hand exhaust seems to "pop" & when I rev it hard there is more a lot more smoke coming out of this one.
performance seems good, but it is new to me, but if I give it a handful, I fill the road with a cloud (even when warm).
Perhaps this is "normal" I just don't know!
Cheers Roy

B16RDE

Back to top Go down

My new Baby Empty Re: My new Baby

Post  pete griggs Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:06 pm

Hello Roy,

Congrats on getting your smoker. Unfortunately it sounds like you have leaking crankshaft seals. It is not uncommon on old bikes that have been standing around as the seals go hard and then gearbox oil is drawn into cylinders and burned, hence the smoke.

A little smoke on first start is normal, but if the oil pump is correctly adjusted and the seals are good you should get hardly any smoke once warm, just a thin blue haze on heavy throttle use.

pete griggs
Crankcase Injector
Crankcase Injector

Back to top Go down

Post  B16RDE Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:18 am

Thanks for the the reply Pete, I have taken the bike into Bikers near Southampton, they have a couple of Guys that know what they are doing on Suzuki's (&they love 2 strokes). Will keep you posted.
Cheers
Roy

B16RDE

Back to top Go down

Post  Clivey Andrews Wed May 26, 2010 2:14 am

B16RDE wrote:Thanks for the the reply Pete, I have taken the bike into Bikers near Southampton, they have a couple of Guys that know what they are doing on Suzuki's (&they love 2 strokes). Will keep you posted.
Cheers
Roy

Small world - I'm in Gosport - but unfortunately, my GT is moving to Tamworth, Staffs soon (as will I be when I find work)
Clivey Andrews
Clivey Andrews
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum